I teach a class called The Fair Isle Tam: How Color Is Used in Fair Isle Knitting. Often my students ask if they can purchase kits for other colorways. I also published patterns for each of these color ways—the tams look very different (as you can see in the photo) but they all use the same pattern; only the colors change. So whenever I have extra kits I will make them available here.
Each kit contains 7 balls of Jamieson’s Shetland Spindrift yarn (100% Shetland wool; ~115 yd/25g) plus 1 mini skein (~20 yds).
Six color ways are available :
- December Sky: Brilliant winter sunset
- Foggy Cove: Early morning ferry ride
- Garnets: Dusty natural garnets
- Mossy Rock: A walk in the rainforest
- Naturals: Soothing natural colors of Shetland sheep (not pictured)
- Summer Lake: Bright summer day in the mountains
Each yarn pack will knit up to 5 tams, each one different from the other. No pattern is included with this yarn pack—either purchase one of the stand-alone patterns or play with arranging the colors as you like.