I teach a class called The Fair Isle Tam: How Color Is Used in Fair Isle Knitting. Often my students ask if they can purchase kits for other colorways. I also published patterns for each of these color ways—the tams look very different (as you can see in the photo) but they all use the same pattern; only the colors change. So whenever I have extra kits I will make them available here.
Each kit contains 7 balls of Jamieson’s Shetland Spindrift yarn (100% Shetland wool; ~115 yd/25g) plus 1 mini skein (~20 yds).
November 2022: I’m taking a break from teaching and allowing these color ways to go out of stock! A limited number of kits remain in stock in the following color ways:
- Garnets: Dusty natural garnets
- Mossy Rock: A walk in the rainforest
- December Sky: Brilliant pinks and purples of a winter sunset
- Foggy Cove: Gray blues and browns reflect a winter ferry ride in the Pacific Northwest
- Summer Lake: Bright blues and deep greens of a Cascades summer hike.
Each yarn pack will knit up to 5 tams, each one different from the other. No pattern is included with this yarn pack—either purchase one of the stand-alone patterns or play with arranging the colors as you like.