Here you will find different color ways—collections of 12 shades of Jamieson’s Spindrift Shetland yarn—that I have assembled. These are primarily for my Fair Isle Vest workshop but if you aren’t in the class, you are welcome to purchase a kit anyway so you can play with the colors however you like! Please note that the yarn packs do not include a pattern or instructions.
Please note that if you sign up for the class through STITCHES your yarn pack is included in your registration and you don’t need to order another one here.
Limited quantities are available; I make them in batches of 10, depending on yarn availability. I’ll be discontinuing some color ways and adding new ones as my imagination takes me!
Each yarn pack contains 12 balls of Jamieson’s Shetland Spindrift 100% Shetland fingering weight wool; 25g/115yds.
There is not enough yarn in a kit to knit an entire vest—you will probably need to purchase a few more balls, but you won’t know which ones until you’ve made your design decisions. I do not sell yarn but can refer you to other vendors.
Color ways that might be available at any given time:
- Fresco: A faded wall painting inspired this collection of faded greens, blues, and golds.
- Oil Slick: Cool blues shimmer against yellow-greens and golds
- Earth & Sky: Classic blues and browns reflect the expansive midwestern sky above newly ploughed fields
- Faded Carpet: My dining room rug was the inspiration for the turquoises, golds, orange-reds, and blue reds in this colorway.
- Seashore: Turquoises and yellow-oranges evoke a Hawaiian beach.
- Fall Leaves: A clear blue sky sets off the crimson, orange, purple, gold, and green of fall leaves
- Meadow: Red-violets glow against bright yellow-greens.
- Autumn: A walk through the moody heathery golds and greens of an autumn moor.
- Mixed Berries: Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries—a fairly dark collection of pinks, purples, and blue-violets.
- Copenhagen: Golds and grayed blues.